Wednesday, July 2, 2014

When the dog bites, when the bee stings…

Wow. It's Wednesday again, and man, I'm still dreaming of being up in the UP with the amazing women of this post. All but Tess were there and can I just say, I haven't laughed that hard in a freaking long time. Anne also joined us... so awesome to see people you miss. We've already started counting down for next year!

And it was actually odd missing a Wednesday Randomness post. Dare I say I'm enjoying the blogging thing? Be afraid people. Be very afraid.

So this week... More of my favourite things, only it's the edible version (and do I have a couple of pics for you that most definitely qualify). The lovely ladies have chosen food and drink. So we'll now just switch to a non-stop parade of chocolate...and diet coke interspersed with tea—from Tim Hortons.

So let's start with drinks, shall we. I seriously don't have many. I'm not a big alcoholic drinker. Not because I'm against it, lol. Mostly because my body doesn't really react well. Though I will state—for the record—that if I am to drink, some kind of sugary, fruit flavoured drink is what's going down. Mike's Hard Lemonade... black cheery flavour... is my current drink of choice. Though I'll try other flavours, lol.

My current standby drinks are water, diet coke and tea. But not just any tea. Gotta be steeped tea from my favourite Canadian shop... Tim Hortons. Oh look. I have a picture.





I've been making a conscious effort to drink less Diet Coke. I do know that the chemicals aren't that great for me, so I've cut back. And let's face it folks, something had to pick up the slack. And right...like it was going to be just have water.  Please, I can't be completely healthy all the damn time. I need to live in the fast lane. Take my shit to the extreme!

I know. Just go with me on this one. And I swear they put something in the tea to make it addictive. Having to go nine days without it to go to the UP—torture. Pure and utter torture. But don't worry. I'm making up for lost time.

OH, and I hate coffee. Sorry. But yeah. Hate it.

And that's really it. I'm boring, people. Boring. I will drink flavoured water, but for faves... yeah, these three.

Let's move on to food, shall we. And spoiler alert…it's about as exciting.

So, while we were up at the UP, we had that conversation... if zombies ate us, what would we all taste like. So Bronwyn would be granola, and Jenny's thinking she's pure sugar, which delights me to no end. And Jenny looks at me and says... Norris would taste like lettuce. This also delighted me to no end. And yes, I love lettuce. I love salads. Salads are by far my favourite food. If I go out, I order a salad. It might be a fancy one, with cranberries or strawberries and nuts. Or it could be plain because the other options suck. But hands down. I'm probably going to order a salad. So much so my friends pick places on the grounds that they offer at least one salad.

A close second would be fruit. I love fruit. LOVE. IT. Apples, berries, watermelon, bananas…there aren't very many I don't enjoy. And dried fruit is a close second. OMG... the dried mangos here. Even my kids love them. And banana chips. Hell yeah. So, as you can imagine, I love to combine the two themes and have Fruit Salad ;) I'm just clever that way.

I think part of the reason I love this stuff so much is because once upon a time I was a vegetarian. So yeah, I love veggies, too. My dinner can be a bowl full of steamed veggies with some cheese melted over the top. My mouth is watering just thinking about it. So I think my body has just gotten used to having this stuff. Now I do love chicken. And will eat the odd steak, but I rarely eat red meat (it will be the cause of the zombie apocalypse... just you wait and see. All those hamburgers we eat at the fast food places...ground zero people.) And I could happily never eat any form of meat again and not miss it. Though currently, I do love me some chicken.

Chocolate. Need I say more. I think not.

More chocolate. Yes, it needed to be listed twice. And you all know why.

Lastly, I do love me some bread. Now honestly, I rarely eat bread. Carbs and the like. But if I didn't worry about that kind of thing, I'd stuff down the bread daily. And nothing smells better than freshly baked bread. NOTHING.


Now there's just one more thing on my edible list that must be mentioned. Or at least shown!!!!!





And we all know he's completely edible...

Please hop on over to the fabulous ladies...and see what lovelies, I mean what awesome food and drinks they have on the menu



2 comments:

  1. I'd forgotten about the zombie conversation! Now, I just wanna go back up north and laugh some more! 352 more days!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the weekly Keanu actions. Much appreciated.

    And I KNEW you'd use that pic of your Tim Horton's tea. How soon after you crossed the border were you ordering one? :)

    Miss you, crazy girl!

    350 days now. :-D

    ReplyDelete