Wednesday, March 12, 2014

My Writing Process

So, by the title it kind of assumes that I have one—a writing process. Well, I guess I do. I open up my laptop and, well, write. That is a process, technically speaking.

In case you haven't notice, I'm not much of an organized person. And my advanced planning might go as far as an hour before something. So don't ask me to go to a movie next week. Ask me Wednesday night when it's time to leave, lol. But I'll give this a go...

First, I have to thank BA Tortuga for getting me involved in this. Truth be told, I'd never be able to turn the lady down because I'm a total fan. Seriously. FANGIRL. And because she's sweet, sexy and has basset hounds! Hello! Anyway, you can ring the lovely lady at her blog, BA Tortuga.

So here's what the blog asks of me...

1) What am I working on?

Well, I'm actually working on two things, though one is mostly done. My next What Remains book, MUTATION comes out at the end of the month. Edits are done but there might be some last minute tweaks. So, not sure if that really counts. I'm currently trying to finish the next vampire book. Book 3 in Dark Prophecy called Blood of the Wolf. I'm pretty excited about writing vampires again. This book is long overdue. So I hope to have that done by the end of the month. Then it's on to more sci-fi and zombies for me.

2) How does my work differ from others of its genre?

Ohhh, umm, differ? Well, I'd like to think that many of my books are really more cross-overs than most. First, there's always action and adventure. 'Cause I think we live the most when we're on the edge, right? When the prospect of losing something is chasing you. Reminding you that you're not here forever. Then there's the romance. That still has to drive the story. But I like to include suspense, paranormal elements. Whatever calls to me.

3) Why do I write what I do?

That's simple. It's what I love. I vary sub genres because I love more than one type of book. I love the old west, shifters, vampires. I love suspense and thriller stories. I'm a sci-fi geek. And fantasy...who doesn't love that. You get to make shit up!

4) How does your writing process work?

Like I said. I don't have a process. I sit down, open my laptop or iPad and write. Whatever pops into my head. I generally have no idea where the story is going. I usually have parts of it. But I'm pretty much as surprised as the reader to discover where it ends. How it ends. Things don't always play out how you picture them, but that's the beauty of writing. You get to make the rules of engagement up!


Okay, that's it for me. Thanks again for BA for letting me join. I'd hoped to have a couple of folks to pass on the torch, but seems time is tight these days. I'll update if they venture out from their writing caves. They obviously have much more of a process than me, lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment