Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Changing tides…

For those of you who don't know, I haven't had the best of luck recently. Cat gone missing, another acting out. Personal interactions I'd rather not have to have and things just generally sucking. But this morning, I dare say (though now this will most likely jinx it) that the tides, they are a changing…

I got a bunch of good news this morning. First…I spotted the wayward cat last night. He's just down the block, but still too scared to come to me or anyone else. But he's alive. I honestly wasn't sure at this point, so that, in and of itself, is a small victory. I'll be trying to 'catch' him tonight. Again, it's a start. Small victories here, folks. Small victories.

Second…my other cat finally decided to use the litter box early this morning. Yes, I know this because he woke me. I'm a light sleeper and him jumping around isn't exactly ninja style. Now, keep in mind, it's only one day and I freaking put a litter box on the chair where he was relieving himself, so it wasn't a stretch or leap of faith in any way. But again, I'll take this one. A day of not doing laundry to remove cat stint is a good day.

Now the next two bits of good news are professional. And while I feel quite vain mentioning it, I've been waiting for a while for something positive so…spoiler alert. Shameless self promo and declaration of success ahead. You might want to jump ship now, since all the cute feel good moments have been mentioned.

I woke this morning to a lovely email from ARe…all romance ebooks. My newest release WHAT REMAINS: UNTAINTED, is a best seller. And not only is it a best seller (I've had several before) but this one is on their top 50 list! Top fucking 50! Now it's only 48 but damn, I'll take it. Take it and run and smile and scream hell yeah. 'Cause I don't think I've been on a top of anything before (this is where you remove your head from the gutter, as no sexual innuendoes were implied). Though, I don't check, but either way, it's such a great feeling. And to celebrate, here's a shot of the page…


Not too shabby, dear Abby. Yes, vain as it is, I'm stoked. Seriously. Stoked. And if this wasn't good enough. I discovered that UNTAINTED was available at Amazon yesterday. Just yesterday and guess what? It's on the top 100 paid for in Sci-Fi! It's just sitting there at number 65! And it's only been there a couple of days! Here's that shot…


Seriously, I needed this. August hasn't been the best month and I really needed something to kick-start my motivation and muse. And this is just the ticket. So I'm off to work. More zombies. More hot men. But thanks to all who've made my day. For buying my books and making me feel ten feet tall and bulletproof. Today, I can honestly say…I only bleed on the inside :)



No comments:

Post a Comment