Saturday, May 30, 2009

I Could Get Used To This...

Have you ever had one of those days... the kind you hope never ends. Well, folks, I've just had two in a row. Hopefully this post will make sense, 'cause honestly, my head's still up on cloud nine. I just got my third book contract for my first novella. That's two in two days...

I'm pretty excited about this one, because I find it hard to rein in an idea and make it just as special, but not take 100K words to get there. So for me, this is a very treasured accomplishment. It's also my first fantasy novel, and I loved writing in another time and place... more to come from this magical land you ask? Let's just say the wheels are turning, since writing a series is also another future plan of mine. Definitely a "stay tuned" answer.

I have to say, it all seems so surreal. Just a month ago I was sitting here wondering when I might finally have something concrete, and now, I'm on the best roller coaster EVER. The kind that has you on a high the entire time. And here's hoping it just keeps on rolling. I don't want to come back down.

Yup, I could get used to this...

No comments:

Post a Comment